Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Garden of the gods

White Rock
A week ago James and I went with our friend Ashley Jones to Garden of the Gods. When I first heard of the name of the garden, I had no idea what it really was. I guess I was expecting gardens named after specific gods from Greek mythology. But, it is named that because it must have been made by the gods. The man who founded the area paid the city to keep it free and public for all to admire. It was amazing. Pictures do not do it justice. Also, you may be wondering who Ashley is. Well, she is from GA, worked with my at Olive Garden in Athens, went to Richmont, and moved to CO this summer. She has been a joy to have in our lives during this time of transition. It is great to have a familiar face. Enjoy the beautiful scenery.



Balancing Rock

We also explored the city of Colorado Springs while in the area. We found a park (the name is below) with a huge arch that pours out water for the children to play under. It was fun to watch the children play.

Also, believe it or not, I found this van at the Trading Post at the Garden of the gods.For those of you who don't know, I am from Valdosta, GA  which is in Lowndes county. I sad that I never did find the driver of this van.

No comments:

Post a Comment